- Twenty-four Gigabit Ethernet ports and four SFP fiber slots.
- Dual Firmware to reduce down time for the switch.
- Voice VLAN to enhance sound quality for IP phones.
- DHCP Snooping to protect the integrity of legitimate DHCP server and its operations.
- Long Range Mode with Ethernet cable to extend up to 200 meters.
- Supports SNMP v3, Access Control List (ACL), QoS, CoS, STP, 802.1Q VLAN, IPv4/IPv6, Port Trunk, IGMP v1/v2/v3 Snooping and Mirror.
- 56Gbps switch capacity.
- 8K MAC address table and jumbo frame support up to 9KB.
- Fanless and19-inch 1U rack-mount designed.
Cost Effective, Reliable, Scalable and Secure
Switch Solution for SMB Networks
To increase the distance/speed of your network server and backbone connections.
The Edimax Pro GS-5424G smart switch comes with web-based user interface, 24 Gigabit ports and 4 SFP slots for optical connections, where multi mode or single mode SFP modules/transceivers are utilized for high speed Gigabit and long range data transmission. With smart features in SNMP v3, Dual Firmware, Voice VLAN, DHCP Snooping, QoS, CoS, STP, 802.1Q VLAN, IPv4/IPv6, Port Trunk, IGMP v1/v2/v3 Snooping and Mirror, it provides a cost effective, scalable and secure switch solution for SMB networks. The Edimax-specific long range mode enables data transmission to up to 200 meters at a speed of 10Mbps to the furthest away network devices. The Edimax GS-5424G is the ideal solution to increase the distance/speed of your network server and backbone connections.
Gigabit High-Speed Connection
Complies with IEEE802.3/802.3u/802.3ab/802.3z Gigabit Ethernet Standards, the GS-5424G features 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed, large file transfer and 4 SFP slots for long range optical fiber Gigabit Ethernet connections.
The dual firmware feature allows switches to have two firmware in storage. You can denote one of these firmware as the active one and the other firmware as the backup. If the active firmware faces problems, you can activate the backup firmware right away to reduce down time.
Voice VLAN is a special function of GS-5424G switch which allows network administrator to easily prioritize IP voice traffic from IP phone through the access port of switch to enhance VoIP service. Voice VLAN also provides QoS to VoIP, ensuring that the sound quality of an IP phone does not deteriorate when the IP voice traffic is sent unevenly.
The network security feature of DHCP snooping enables the prevention of malicious or malformed DHCP traffic or the mitigation of security risks from rogue DHCP servers. The feature monitors DHCP messages received from untrusted devices connected to the switching device and protects the integrity of legitimate DHCP server and its operations.
Long Range Data Distance Extension, up to 200 Meters
The long range mode provides extended data delivery distance to up to 200 meters while general Ethernet cable has a distance restriction of 100 meters. The long range mode operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps full-duplex operation, ideal for devices such as IP cameras, IP phones and network-enabled IoT devices at a remote location.
Smart Tools for Improved Network Efficiency and Security
The switch features smart and simple network monitoring tools that allow for improved network efficiency and security. The web-based interface management features include QoS (Quality of Service) bandwidth control for better traffic control, VLAN (Virtual LAN) for enhanced network security and multicast IGMP snooping v1/v2/v3 for streaming applications. For quick and easy setup, the web-based management integrates advanced management and security functions of Access Control List (ACL), CoS, STP, IPv4/IPv6, Port Trunk, IGMP v1/v2/v3 Snooping and Mirror.
| || |
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel standard
- Plug-and-Play & Hot Pluggable
- Supports single-mode or multi-mode fiber depends on the SFP modules
- Max. cable length: 550m to 30km depends on the SFP modules
- Industrial grade SFP modules with robust design for enhanced reliability